Reading Rooms are a comfortable place for the readers where they can read and study in harmony. To deliver a comfortable reading environment, we have got specially designed reading rooms for our members. Keeping in mind long hours would be spent in these reading rooms, we have featured the facility around the needs of the serious readers.
We have furnished the reading space with:
Ergonomic chairs, which swivel just enough to give limited movement to the reader but not to disturb the adjoining occupant.
- Individual plug-points – to charge their devices like laptops, mobile phones and tablets.
- Privacy partitions on tables help readers to concentrate on own material rather than getting distracted with what is happening around the room.
- Purified and chilled drinking water, washrooms, and a cafeteria help to fulfill bodily requirements.
From our reading rooms, students have prepared for the following exams - Civil Services Examination(UPSC)
- Lok Seva Aayog
- CA Inter
- Railway Recruitment Exam
- Talati cum Clerk exam
- Jr.Judge exam
- Colleges Exam
- SSC and HSC exam
- Combined Defence Services Examination (CDSE)
- National Defence Academy & Naval Academy Examination
- Combined Medical Services Examination
- Engineering Services Examinations
- Staff Selection Commission exams for different cadres
- Exam for different posts through Reserve Bank of India Services Board
- Exam for Development Officers and others through National Bank for Agriculture & Rural Development (NABARD)
- Exam for Telecom Officers in the Department of Telecommunications
- NIFT Entrance Exam
Advantages of Reading in a Reading Room
Many of you might have missed a chance to read in a reading room. While you can conveniently undertake your hobby to read at your abode, reading at reading rooms presents unique benefits. The advantages of reading in a reading room are:
Studying along with the other readers keeps you motivated towards reading.
Easy access to academics is the utmost benefit of studying in a library.
Reading in the reading rooms helps you concentrate better as it is peaceful, and there it is negligible, or say zero distraction.
Watching other scholars work towards subjects, these rooms help at developing a learning attitude among readers.
More concentration means higher chances ofbetter results of learners.
The rule of pin-drop silence makes readers not waste time on lengthy calls. Moreover, readers have to keep their phones in a silent mode, which further helps them not to get frequently distracted by notifications from social media or elsewise.
As you are surrounded by scholars, you can quickly get your queries resolved by discussing it with them.
Reading rooms are a perfect self-study space for all the students appearing for the competitive exams.
Away from distractions at home like television, phone calls, social visits by uninvited guests, kitchen visits, and background noises make the reading room a more efficient way to study.
Reading for professional examinations requires a lot of study hours. Following a study routine in the reading rooms at a particular time has helped build the careers of thousands of people.
At times studying for exams is quite frustrating. Taking a walk in the library premises and changing the atmosphere would again motivate them to get back to studying.